A Whimsy Book Card

Oh wow! Did you see Kim's amazing glitter tutorial here yesterday? How do I follow that? Huge thanks to Kim for joining us here and sharing her tips!
****************************
This is the birthday card I made for my son with plenty of room to add a packet of candy inside and a little pouch for cash or a gift card! I have compiled a mini tutorial for this card for anyone who would like to give this a try!

Of course I used the fabulous Whimsy Stamps Monkey and on the inside I added the super cute alligator.
I used sheet of card measuring 29.5cm x 18cm or 11 5/8 in x 7 in. I scored at 5 1/2 then turned the card around 180 degrees and scored again at 5 1/2, it should leave just a thin spine.

This gives you a basic book shape.
Cut out backing card in a shade that co-ordinates with your designer papers. Add your designer paper to the backing card and decorate as desired. I used Fancy Pants 'Papa'.
Create a little money holder by cutting a piece of card to 10cm x 7cm or 4in x 2 3/4 in
Score at 1/2 in around 3 sides as shown.

Cut the corners off at diagonals and punch a half circle in the top edge.

There are various ways to add a packet of candy, for this card I used a narrow plastic packet and made a fold over top for it. I used the Stampin' Up slit punch to create a slot to tie it to the card. I could have attached the string directly to the back of the card but for this one I made a small card attachment and stapled twine to it.
Now, decorate the money holder and stick down using the flaps.

I also like to decorate the back page, it finishes off the card perfectly.

If you got all the way down here, thank you for your patience, if anyone makes one of these please let me know as I would love to see your fabulous creations!
have a great thursday!
Deb xx

9 comments

  1. WOW!! Deb, this is so brilliant!! I love your idea!! Thanks so much for the fab tutorial!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb this is just fabulous! I love the that you shared the tutorial today too. I just may have to give that a try! Love all the fun details and papers. And of course the stamp images are perfect for a masculine card. I'm sure Josh will love it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the tutorial - this is wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  4. wonderful tutorial and a lovely project! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a wonderful blog!...I Love the carousel horse creation...I have never done stamping before but it looks like fun!...thank you for visiting my blog today and for such nice comments....Hugs, Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Deb, what a wonderful idea, many thanks for the tutorial, love all the detail, cute monkey image, very appropriate for my own son lol, take careX:)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Fantastic tutorial Deb. I must try one of these. Your instructions are beautifully clear.
    Love all the details you've added and mmmmmmm! the sweeites look GOOD!
    Hugs,
    Sharon xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for the tutorial. It is marvellous.
    Marion

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wonderful idea and great tutorial. I was given the link to your site by Kerys Sharrock after seeing the wonderful book cards she posted on our site, Colorful Creations http://colorfulcreations.ning.com/
    Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team