Fill my Heart - Special Guest - Dina Kowal

Hi all, Dina here with a guest post for Whimsy Stamps and I'm also combining my guest spot with hosting the MIX-ability challenge over at Splitcoast Stampers - did you know we've been doing these mixed media challenges for over 5 years already?  Thanks to Whimsy Stamps for letting me share in both places.


My challenge is to use patterned paper as the base for your focal panel, and create a mixed media project. The paper I used is from Whimsy Stamps' Christmas Cheer paper pack - I stamped right onto it with one of the images from the Fill My Heart clear set:

Fill My Heart clear set
I drew a light horizontal line across the paper, then used some QoR watercolor paint to sketch in some grass around the dog. When that was dry I used colored pencils to add some shading on and around the dog, and to add details to the scene.


My card is a tri-fold card... the base is 4-1/4" x 11", scored at 4-1/4", and 8-1/2", and then cut on the flap with a Stitched Border Die. To keep it closed, I attached a button with a brad so it would just overlap the edge of the flap when in place....


 but release the flap when it was rotated down.


Here's one more card I made using the same techniques, the Fill My Heart set (what a great pet set), and some retired Whimsy products.


Hope you have a wonderful weekend! Thanks for letting me share with you today!

Thanks for stopping by!

1 comment

Thanks for joining us here today at the Whimsy Stamps Blog. We hope you become inspired to visit with us again and again. Thanks for leaving your comment.

Have a great day,
Your Whimsy Creative Team